Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Even the Rain Couldn't Stop Me!

I did it! On Sunday I completed my first Half Marathon in Newport, Rhode Island. Despite awful weather conditions I accomplished my goal of running the entire 13.1 miles. I cant begin to describe the adrenaline rush I got as I saw the 13 mile marker and then my husband came into view, jumping up and down and cheering for me. Part of the fun of running this race was training all summer. Here are some photos I took on some of my particularly long runs.

Beverly Hills, California


Williamsburg Bridge
New York, NY


Centennial Park
Ellicott City, Maryland


A country road in upstate New York.




2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! I just spoke to heather and she told me about your uber accomplishment because,believe it our not, i'm also training for my first half-marathon! Jan 30 in Miami. way to go soul sister. you are an inspiration! i love the idea of posting pics from your runs. how did you take them? with your iphone? p.s. another total inspired new obsession from you and our fab wedding present from you guys...i'm baking (and cooking) up a storm and writing about it at www.jamielynsmith.com. i think i am going to try a few of your recipes next! many x's and o's. miss you! -j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie! I miss you too. Yes I took the pics with my iphone. You are going to love running your half-marathon. I wish I knew how much fun it was going to be because I would have enjoyed my training that much more. xoxo PS- You looked so stunning in your wedding photos! Congrats to you and B again.

    ReplyDelete