Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pretty Little Palmiers


Inspired by my friend at 337 Greenwich, I decided to bake Palmiers recently. It turns out they are so easy to make! I served them over ice-cream and berries for dessert. They're so dainty, I love them. Someday when I am feeling extra ambitious I will attempt Cannelle et Vanille's creative take on them.....

Ingredients:
1 sheet puff pastry
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg white

Defrost puff pastry overnight in the fridge. Preheat oven to 425. Whip egg white and brush one side of unfolded puff pastry. Sprinkle sugar evenly over the egg white. Here comes the fun part...roll each side of the sheet towards the middle. Wrap with parchment paper and freeze for about 10 minutes. Slice roll into 1/4 inch slices. Bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment