Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Dirty Secret = Vintage Recipe Boxes









I recently went on a bidding spree on ebay for these vintage recipe boxes. It started with one, and then one turned into two and suddenly I was in a bidding war on five different boxes! (Sadly, I lost one.) I found myself compulsively checking my auctions at random times throughout the day. My competitive streak started to rear its ugly head, and I couldn't be outdone. If I was outbid I would up the ante by 50 cents, a dollar....whatever it took! I finally had to fess up to my husband who was slightly mortified. But they are so cute I just couldn't resist! I think I will fill them with my favorite recipes and give them out to friends.

1 comment:

  1. Love this...the same thing happened to me last year with vintage Christmas ornaments. I didn't care what they ended up costing! Needless to say, I spent a lot of money on old, worn out ornaments that everyone makes fun of, but it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete