Saturday, August 8, 2009

Copenhagen

I just returned from visiting my grandmother in Copenhagen. The Danes' love and ingenuity for design in the most unexpected places never fails to inspire and amaze me. Below are a few of my favorite sights from last week......

Old ship yards are now used as art galleries and design spaces. Imagine going to work here every day.

I couldn't resist buying this chocolate milk for my nephew. I am such a sucker for cute packaging (and chocolate)!

Someday I too will live in a charcoal house with a bright orange door....

Stack of dish towels that I picked up at Bungalow, my new obsession in life. The textiles and fabric covered boxes sold here are a perfect fusion of stunning Indian prints and modern Scandinavian design.

Arne Jacobson gas station in my grandmother's neighborhood. It also functions as an ice-cream shop!

1 comment: